What is the chronological order of your books?
- The Unlikely Spy (World War II standalone spy thriller)
- The Mark of the Assassin (Michael Osbourne #1)
- The Marching Season (Michael Osbourne #2)
- The Kill Artist (Gabriel Allon #1)
- The English Assassin (Gabriel Allon #2)
- The Confessor (Gabriel Allon #3)
- A Death in Vienna (Gabriel Allon #4)
- Prince of Fire (Gabriel Allon #5)
- The Messenger (Gabriel Allon #6)
- The Secret Servant (Gabriel Allon #7)
- Moscow Rules (Gabriel Allon #8)
- The Defector (Gabriel Allon #9)
- The Rembrandt Affair (Gabriel Allon #10)
- Portrait of a Spy (Gabriel Allon #11)
- The Fallen Angel (Gabriel Allon #12)
- The English Girl (Gabriel Allon #13)
- The Heist (Gabriel Allon #14)
Do I need to read your books in order?
No, but once you read one book, fans suggest you go back and read them in order. The first book, The Unlikely Spy is a World War II spy thriller and stands alone. Books #2 and #3, The Mark of the Assassin and The Marching Season, are spy thrillers about an American CIA agent, Michael Osbourne. Books #4 through #17 are the Gabriel Allon series. The series begins with The Kill Artist and continues through The Heist.
For a complete, printable list of the books in series order, please click here.
Is there any chance you’ll ever write another Michael Osbourne thriller?
I’ve been getting a lot of feedback from readers about wanting another Michael Osbourne book. However, as a rule, I don’t talk about books yet to be written, but I think there’s a good chance we might see Michael on the page sometime soon. Stay tuned!
How do I get a book signed?
The best way to get a book signed is to come to one of my events on book tour. If you cannot make an appearance, please contact one of the bookstores on the tour. You can order a book through them and they will be happy to get it signed and shipped to you. If the tour is over, you may still contact the stores, to see if they have any signed books still in stock.
What about a movie?
The reality is we get pitches from producers every week. But I confess when it comes to Gabriel and his team, I am picky. While I love the movies, and many readers have told me how cinematic the books are, I want to make sure we find the right director, screenwriter and star. So until someone convinces me, I believe Gabriel is best left on the page and in your imagination.
I live outside the United States, how do I get the latest books?
Some bookstores in English-speaking countries carry the latest books or will order them for you. Otherwise your best bet is to order them from your favorite Internet retailer such as Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk or Barnes and Noble.
How can I get Daniel Silva’s books on downloadable audio for my iPod?
How do we get Daniel to tour in our city?
Please send a request to your local bookstore or contact us through the contact page and we will pass it on to HarperCollins.